Your Health and Safety Is Our Priority
The health and safety of all children, staff, and parents who step within our schools have always been one of our highest priorities.
In addition to our normal cleaning routines, we have put additional protocols in place to help ensure the health and safety of those within our school.
The Compass School Health and Safety Guidelines
Our schools continue to follow the health and safety guidelines below:
- We are routinely monitoring guidance from the CDC and our local and state health agencies, and updating practices as necessary.
- Upon arrival at the school, all children and staff go through a wellness screening which includes a temperature check and screening questions. Wellness checks are also done periodically throughout the day or as requested by teachers.
- Parents have limited access within the school, and children are escorted to/from their classroom by a staff member.
- Nonessential visitors will not be allowed in the school.
- Every employee wears a face covering when working with children.
- Staff and children practice frequent handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when entering the classroom, before meals or snacks, after outside time, after going to the bathroom, and prior to leaving for home.
- Increased scheduled cleaning and disinfecting of hard surfaces such as tables, chairs, sink faucets, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, children’s furniture, etc.
- Toys are rotated and routinely disinfected.
- Crib and cot sheets laundered daily.
- Soft toys, dress-up clothing, and other items that require laundering have been removed from the classroom.
- Social distancing is practiced as much as possible throughout the day, including at meal and nap times.
- Only one classroom group at a time per playground space.
- We routinely advise children to avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands, and to cover mouth and nose with a tissue (or use the inside of your elbow) when coughing or sneezing (throw used tissues in the trash immediately and wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds).
These are only some of the health and safety protocols currently in place. For a complete list of current parent and staff guidelines, please contact the school for more details.
For more information regarding the coronavirus, please refer to the CDC Coronavirus Page.